Frequently Asked Questions About The Math Translator Service
Videos will be posted nearly everyday for whichever book is currently in production. So check back daily for new videos. The current projection for completion dates are as follows (note that these are completion dates and much of the material for each course will be available before the completion date):
- Intermediate Algebra - complete with 95 comprehensive one-hour lectures, 1,021 homework support videos, and answer keys for each practice test
- Elementary Algebra - complete with 80 comprehensive one-hour lectures, 1,116 homework support videos, and answer keys for each practice test
- Prealgebra - currently in production, ready for enrollment starting Fall 2020, completion date of November 2020
- Precalculus/College Algebra/Algebra & Trigonometry - Ready for enrollment starting Fall 2021
- Statistics - Ready for enrollment starting Fall 2022
- Additional books may be added after these are complete
No, I will only be posting video solutions for every other odd (1, 5, 9, 13,….etc) homework problem in each book. The OpenStax books are being used by instructors and many instructors will assign and grade homework from the book. I want to provide support for students and teachers, but not in a way that interferes with an instructor’s ability to use the books in their courses. When I am done with companion lectures and every other odd homework problem for each book, I will go back and do video solutions for all of the “Try It” problems in each book. That will provide additional examples for each topic covered in the books.
If you are having issues accessing your account simply click the "Forgot Password or Username" link on the login page. You will be walked through the process of resetting your credentials and gaining access to your account.
You can change your password by clicking on the "My Account" button, and then on the "Account Details" tab. The "My Account" button is found on the library selection homepage.
Yes! All subscriptions start with a 7-day free trial so you can explore the video content that The Math Translator offers and decide if it is right for you. If you wish to continue with the service, then you will be charged on a month-to-month basis after your free trial ends. If you cancel your service before the 7-day free trial expires, then you will not be charged.
Unfortunately I am not available for individual instruction at this time.
You can cancel your The Math Translator subscription at any time, and you will continue to have access to the courses through the end of your current billing period. To cancel, login and go to the “My Account” page on the website. Click on "Subscriptions" and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your subscription, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click “Subscriptions” on the “My Account” page.